Training 5 or more people?
Get discount pricing for your group!
These industry leading
organizations trust our training.
Basic First Aid
Learn proper first aid techniques.
To get certified and access full course content.
Print your certificate immediately!
Take the test when you're ready from any desktop or mobile device
Get instant access to your American Heart compliant certificate for easy printing or downloading
Your professionally printed first aid certification card will arrive in the mail in 5-7 business days
Nationally Accepted Training
- OSHA, ILCOR, and ECC compliant courses
- Programs designed by AHA-trained CPR instructors
- Nationally accepted certification
Get Certified Without the Hassle
- Learn at your own pace, anywhere and at anytime
- High-quality training videos you can fast-forward and pause
- Mobile-friendly streaming on any device
- PVC / vinyl waterpoof double-sided cards
Money Back Guarantee
Online First Aid Certification Begin Now
This online first aid certification course complies with the most recent AHA, ILCOR and ECC guidelines, and is delivered by American Heart Association-trained instructors. It will teach you how to provide basic first aid for:
- Minor and major cuts and bleeding
- Minor and moderate burns
- Fainting and heat stroke
- Basic bites and stings
- Sprains and strains
You’ll also receive training in how to manage the scene of an accident and prioritize lifesaving care in an emergency.
If you’re considering earning your first aid certification, an online course is a great choice. The online first aid training we offer is ideal for busy healthcare and lay professionals who don’t have time for in-person training.
Our online first aid training materials are available 24/7, so you’ll have unlimited access to the information you need to get your certificate.
Once you pass the first aid test, your wallet card arrive within 5-7 business days.
Who Should Take This Course?
This online first aid course is ideal for anyone who may be called upon to provide basic emergency medical care to those injured on the job or in the home, but who don’t need full CPR or AED training and certification.
This first aid course and certification program allows you to study on your own time. You can complete the test when you're ready, and earn your certification on a timeframe that works for you. Occupations that are especially suited to learning the first aid skills taught in this certification course include:
- On-site safety professionals in construction, manufacturing, transportation, forestry, or corporate environments
- Food and beverage workers
- Electricians, carpenters, and tradespeople
- Hotel employees and hospitality staff
- Security staff
- High school teachers and coaches
How long does it typically take to complete an online CPR / first aid course and get certified?
It depends on the certificate program, and on how you learn.
Online and blended learning programs for skills such as CPR AED, Basic Life Support and first aid are designed to be flexible. You can start and stop the video, take notes, replay and review sections, and pause the program whenever you want. How long it takes you to get through the training depends on how often you need to pause or review sections of the video.
However, if you go through our certification course without pausing, we have about 45 minutes of video. People can and do pass the course that way.
Why Earn Your Basic First Aid Certification Online?
Great question. Here are a few good reasons:
- Approximately 2.2 million people die from workplace-related illnesses and injuries each year.
- Accidental injury is the leading cause of death in the US for those younger than 44.
- Every day in the United States, 15 workers die from on-the-job injuries.
- Approximately 1/3 of all serious injuries occur at home in the U.S.; and about 20% of injury-related deaths occur at home.
- According to OSHA statistics, approximately 2.9 non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses took place in 2016, including 892,300 cases that required employees to take time off work.
Many workplace injuries and fatalities are preventable—and they cost a great deal, both to employers and employees. According to the National Safety Council, unintentional workplace injuries cost more than $127 million per year to companies, and an average of $980 per worker.
Some of industries with the highest rates of workplace injury include:
- Professional and business services
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Education and healthcare
In industries like these, the need for someone on-site with a valid first aid certification is clear. But it's a good idea no matter where you work. Having someone at work or at home who is first aid certified can mean the difference between life and death.
Are Online First Aid Courses Right for You?
This online first aid course will teach you the skills you need to administer lifesaving care—at a time and place that works for you. Our students are mostly full-time professionals, and they appreciate the convenience and availability of our training classes.
Our study materials are available on an unlimited basis to all our participants. After course completion and a passing test score, we'll send you a temporary, printable card immediately. Your permanent wallet card will arrive within 5-7 days.
Our programs are compliant with all AHA guidelines, and taught by an AHA-trained instructor. Our certification card is accepted nationwide in almost every industry. If your employer does not accept our card, we offer a 30-day risk-free guarantee.
Other Articles by Dr. Mary Williams:
A Guide to Automated External Defibrillators
An Online First Aid Guide for Families
Online Resources for Maintaining a Healthy Heart
Understanding Bloodborne Pathogens
Health Benefits of Music Therapy
Pet First Aid & CPR Resource Guide
Information on Different Blood Types