Training 5 or more people?
Get discount pricing for your group!
These industry leading
organizations trust our training.
Adult CPR & First Aid
Includes Child, Infant CPR/AED
To get certified and access full course content.
Print your certificate immediately!
Take the test when you're ready from any desktop or mobile device
Get instant access to your American Heart compliant certificate for easy printing or downloading
Your professionally printed CPR & First Aid certification card will arrive in the mail in 5-7 business days
Nationally Accepted Training
- OSHA, ILCOR, and ECC compliant courses
- Programs designed by AHA-licensed CPR instructors
- Nationally accepted certification
Get CPR Certified Without the Hassle
- Learn at your own pace, anywhere and at anytime
- High-quality training videos you can fast-forward and pause
- Mobile-friendly streaming on any device
Money Back Guarantee
Online CPR and First Aid Certification for Adults, Children and Infants
This online CPR first aid certification course follows the most recent ECC, ILCOR, and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines, and is nationally accepted. It’s ideal for those who work with children on a daily basis, and need pediatric life support training.
Topics covered include:
- Minor and major cuts and bleeding
- Minor and moderate burns
- How to treat an unconscious person
- First aid priorities and managing the scene of an accident
- Fainting and heat stroke
- Basic bites and stings
- Sprains and strains
- Rescue breathing and chest compressions for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an Ambu Bag
- Hands-only CPR
- Using an AED
- First aid for choking
Who Should Take This Certification Course? Begin Now
This course combines in-depth CPR training and first aid certification for adults, children and infants. It’s suitable for both certification and recertification.
While this course is ideal for most workplaces—and we encourage everyone to take CPR training courses—it’s especially designed for those who work with children, as well as vulnerable or elderly adults. It’s also great for parents and caregivers who want to be prepared for any situation.
This CPR and first aid course is especially suited to the following occupations:
People who work with children. Kids are rambunctious, energetic, and vulnerable to injury. Some health emergencies, such as cardiac arrest, can occur in children as well as adults—and there are often no warning signs. As a childcare provider, you may be called upon at any time to give lifesaving care to a child in your charge. Those who fall in this category, and who could benefit from this training, include:
- Pediatric registered nurses and healthcare professionals
- Daycare providers
- Early childhood educators and teachers
- Coaches and trainers
- Child sports instructors
- Private nannies and babysitters
- Camp counselors and camp administrators
- Foster parents
Caregivers for older adults. Elderly adults are often more frail than most people—and may suffer serious injuries after an accident that may seem trivial to others. In addition, dementia patients and those with compromised vision may be at added risk of injury even in places that seem safe. Those who may be responsible for adult care, and who could benefit from CPR classes, include:
- Geriatric nurses and physicians
- Home health aides
- Adult day care workers
- Employees at nursing homes and residential facilities
- Geriatric physicians, pharmacists, and psychiatrists
- Physical and occupational therapists
University teachers and coaches. Those who teach and coach at this level may be called upon to give first aid to people at a diverse range of ages, from teenagers to adults. Occupations that fall into this category, and who could benefit from BLS certification, include:
- Professors and instructors
- University coaches and coaches’ assistants
- Campus health administrators
- College students who work with younger students
Do I need to be a medical provider to learn these skills?
You don’t need a medical background to learn how to provide lifesaving care to children, infants, and adults, or to earn your certificate.
And there are some good reasons to take a high-quality online training course for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. According to the most recent statistics:
- Approximately 26 children suffer cardiac arrest in the United States each day.
- Each year, about 9,500 children suffer cardiac arrest outside of a hospital. About 7,000 do not survive.
- About 12,000 children are taken to the emergency room each year for choking-related incidents.
- About one child dies every five days in the United States from choking on a piece of food.
- Approximately 1 in 5 people who die from drowning each year are 14 years old or younger.
These life-threatening injuries and deaths are preventable—but time is of the essence. It takes only minutes for brain damage to occur after a victim loses the supply of oxygenated blood to the brain—but the average emergency response time in the United States is approximately 15 minutes. The first person on the scene may be a bystander.
Studies show that people who watch a step-by-step instructional video on CPR skills are much more likely to provide CPR or use an AED on a cardiac arrest victim. And that’s great news—because getting bystander CPR immediately more than doubles a victim’s chances of survival.
This online course follows all AHA guidelines. It can give you a comprehensive plan for providing lifesaving care in emergency situations, and a real-world understanding of first aid, CPR, and using an AED. Get certified today—and you may someday save a life.
Get Your First Aid and CPR Certification Online
It's never been easier to get CPR certified online, learn to use an AED, and earn your card.
This first aid and CPR certification course can be taken at your own pace, and offers unlimited access to all training materials. You'll be able to study and earn your certification in a time and place that works for you.
You'll receive a temporary printable wallet card immediately after completion. Your official certification card will arrive in the mail within 5-7 business days.
For additional in-depth course options, check out our online BLS certification and Bloodborne Pathogen certification.
Other Articles by Dr. Mary Williams:
A Guide to Automated External Defibrillators
An Online First Aid Guide for Families
Online Resources for Maintaining a Healthy Heart
Understanding Bloodborne Pathogens
Health Benefits of Music Therapy
Pet First Aid & CPR Resource Guide
Information on Different Blood Types